MAJGE.......priceless

I remember last year around feb, I was working at Rida, no job security, things were going baad, was financially in an unenviable situation. Things were not going good on several fronts, pressure from home about why TCS hadn't called yet. I used to go the Sri Vinayaka Bakery and drink majge - it used to cost rs 4 then. There were several occasions when I did not have cash to pay for my majge. I had an account there, so I used to tell aunty "Ivaga dudd illa..naale".
Things changed. I left Bangalore, went to Trivandrum, then Hyderabad. Whenever I came to Bangalore I made sure I visited that shop whenever I was passing that way. Aunty always remembered me and asked me how I was.
I got a transfer to Bangalore. My office is very close to Rida now. Today I was passing by that shop and I decided to stop for majge. From being totally broke, no security and depressed and low on confidence to being atleast a little financially stable, with job security, a happier and a more confident person....a lot has changed in one year. But sitting on the roadside and drinking the same magje was awesome..After drinking my majge I opened my wallet only to find a Rs500 note. So I had to tell aunty "Change illa aunty, next time".
It was like the master card add where everybody is fighting for the bill.
A majge at aunty's 5rs....saying "Ivagilla aunty naale kodthini"..PRICELES

No comments:

Post a Comment